Friday, December 19, 2008

Spicy...cookies and blocks




Edith's favorite thing to do when we are downstairs is to empty out the spice cupboard. She carries the spices around and scatters them around the house. Her favorite spice is sage. Occasionally she might even put one back. I am hoping one of Brian's weekend projects will be childproofing the kitchen cupboards.
.......................................................................................

Today Addie and I made cookies. I didn't have any colored sugar to decorate with so I made my own. I just used a bit of icing coloring with a quarter teaspoon of water to dissolve in a random amount of sugar in a custard cup. It worked well although the colors are super bright neon. Addie had a lot of fun making the sugar on top almost as thick as the cookies themselves. Then she took a surprise plate up to Dad so he could have a cookie break. This was quite exciting for her as she was allowed to carry the cookies up the whole way and visit Dad during working hours. I think the picture shows a star, some pigs, a church, and a tree or two.

....................................................................................................



While I put Edith to bed, Addie has quiet time. She usually spends this time building with blocks. Some nights Addie has to go to bed before I come back down to view her creations. Tonight when I went to upload pictures I noticed that her block fortress had been photographed so I wouldn't miss it. A cute surprise to find on my camera. I am always amazed at the versatility of her architectural designs. She makes buildings in all varieties. The top picture is last night's "kitty house" The bottom is tonight's creation.

No comments: